Cokes and Chickens surfing points at your doorstep. Fertile fishing grounds all round and a very relaxing surf camp, here is your ultimate surf travel destination. More a boutique hotel than a surf camp. US$110 per day per person all meals included.
Cokes offers guests twin share or double accommodation in air conditioned rooms. Nine well appointed ensuited rooms open on to two large informal areas designed for guests relaxation areas.
From the surf camp you have a commanding view of two or the best surfing points in the Maldives, Cokes and Chickens. A short stroll and you are “out there” On a full tide you can take a wave across the reef and paddle to your doorstep.
In a competitive surf travel market, Cokes Surf Camp offers the best rates and service you can find in the Maldives. Cokes is for the serious surfer who comes to the Maldives just to get “shacked” but also offers comfort, service and tranquility.
Tarriff : Accomodation US$110 per person per night includes all meals.
Cokes Surf Camp amenities at a glance :
- 9 double or twin rooms
- all rooms air conditioned and cieling fans
- all rooms have ensuite and hot water showers
- bed linen and room towels provided
- all meals, tea, coffee and snacks provided with full board package
- 1.5 litre bottled drinking water provided with full board package
- Internet service available
- local phone chip available on request
- surfing transfers available to other surf points
- 2 large informal relaxation areas
- Intel satellite TV connection
- big screen TV and DVD viewing from projector
- surround sound entertainment system
- library and board games
Cokes Surf Camp transfers :
- transfers to and from Cokes Surf Camp are provided from the airport or other locations
- local ferry transfers available Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues and Thursdays. Depart Male 1530 hrs. Depart Cokes 0730 hrs. $5 each way.
- surf transfers are available to Chickens, Sultans, Honkys and Jails
- “Chickens” transfer $10 for 2 hour session, minimum 4 pax
- “Jails”, “Honkys”, “Sultans” transfer $20 for 2 hour session, minimum 4 pax
How to get to Cokes Surf Camp ; Cokes Surf Camp is on the Island of Thulusdhoo, Republic of Maldives 15 kilomertres north from Male the capitol and Hulu Hulu the international airport. A local ferry operates all days except Wednesday and Friday. The ferry departs Male at 1500 hours from Stadium Jetty in Male and the journey takes 90 minutes. The return journey departs Thulusdhoo at 0730 arriving at Male 0900. The cost is $5 each way. For fast speed boat transfers on flight arrival the cost is US$100 per person.
CULTURE ; Republic of Maldives is a 100% Suni Muslim Country. Visitors should wear suitable attire when in a village or Male the Capitol. Males should have shorts and T’shirts and females shorts and T’shirts. Bikinis and speedos are not apropriate to wear in villages. Alcohol is not allowed in villages or Male. The local village comunities are friendly and respectfull and offer a warm hospitality. Tourism is very important to the Maldives giving 60% of the countrys income. Fishing is the other big industry in Maldives. The system of government is democratic. There is a small but growing surfing comunity in the Maldives and they share the love of waves with the many nationalities visiting the country.